Before you start to apply your new wallstickers4u wall decals we recommend you take a minute and read these instructions thoroughly. Although Wall decals are easy to fit, it does require a little patience and planning (especially for larger items). Care needs to be taken while moving or applying your wall decals, as the adhesive is very sticky and the wall decal may easily stick to itself.
- Wipe the surface where you will be placing your wall decal. Ensure the wall surface is free from dirt/grints/grease and dry prior to applying.
- Since larger decals can be quite tricky while applying, and the best way is installing them from TOP to BOTTOM, it is advisable to do some planing first: Position your wall decal on the wall in the exact position as you want it to be. Mark the positions of the TOP edges of your wall decal on the wall.
- Lay the wall decal out on a flat surface and smoothen the decal’s surface (transfer tape – the transparent layer covering the self-adhesive foil) with the enclosed applicator.
- Carefully peel back the backing paper at 90 degrees to the vinyl, making sure the vinyl decal stays on the transfer tape. (if having trouble – repress and try again).
- Carefully position the TOP of the wall decal on the wall and stick it down from top to bottom, while taking care of not leaving any bubbles underneath the wall decals foil.
- Run the applicator over your wall decal, working from the center outwards to prevent air bubbles. Use modest pressure, to ensure the vinyl attaches firmly to the wall surface.
- Peel back the decal’s transfer tape by pulling away at 180 degrees to vinyl.
- Run the applicator over the wall decal once again.
Voila – you are a state of the art wall decorator.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Peel off your wall decals very carefully. As a rule of thumb you may peel it off at a 90° to the backing paper’s surface.
- When peeling off the transfer tape from the wall an approximate 180° angle to the wall surface is advisable.
- To prevent possible mistakes and errors, do apply your wall decals in a TOP to BOTTOM direction (especially larger decals).
- If you are applying wall decals on freshly painted walls – stop! Freshly painted walls should be allowed to dry for up to 2 to 3 weeks before applying wall decals on them. Furthermore even if new paint feels dry, it may still need to settle and completely cure.
- Do not place items decorated with wall decals in a dishwater, oven, or microwave.
- Prevent placing wall decals on rugs, fabrics, clothing, or any other textiles. As textile fibers may damage the adhesive and make it ineffective.
- Since very high and low temperatures can compromise the adhesive and cause decals to peel, rip, fall off, or damage the surfaces, it is highly advisable to not place wall decals in areas where they will be exposed to extreme heat or cold.
- Do not place wall decals at the bottom or inside a bathtub.
- Wall decals can be applyied to tiles as long as they are clean and dry during installation.
- Wall decals will not perform well on brick, cinder block or any other porous surfaces.
Please follow these instructions carefully as we cannot be held responsible for incorrectly applied stickers and damage to paintwork through incorrect application. Above all - take your time!